Nissan Mobility Rebate Program
Mobilize and get reimbursed up to $1000
The Nissan Mobility Assist Program is committed to making every Nissan vehicle accessible. To help make this happen, we’re offering up to a $1,000 reimbursement on your purchase and installation of qualified adaptive equipment. It’s a simple process that you can manage directly through the Nissan Mobility website.
Please contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for additional information on equipment and registered installers
Purchase or lease a new Nissan through a participating Nissan dealer Within 6 months, have qualifying adaptive equipment installed by a NHTSA – registered installer
Complete “Nissan Mobility Assist Form (Summit Claim)” online and submit all applicable documentation through fax or email within 90 days of installation.
Documentation includes: vehicle sale or purchase agreement, copy of invoice from NHTSA-registered installer, proof of customer payment (receipt) for equipment/installation, medical documentation as described in the program rules, lessor written letter of approval (if applicable), medical insurance statement (if applicable) Receive reimbursement of up to $1,000 from Nissan
- Retailed vehicles only; vehicle must be purchased or leased from a participating Nissan dealer after 4/2/2013 Used sales and Fleet sales are not eligible under this program Nissan Mobility Assist reimbursement cannot be applied toward the purchase or lease of the vehicle
- Only one reimbursement per vehicle may be made All leased vehicle modifications should be approved by lessor For existing leases through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC), the following types of adaptive equipment have been pre-approved: Hand Controls, Wheelchair/Scooter Lift, Left Foot Accelerator, Turning Automotive Seating Adaptive equipment must be installed after vehicle has been retailed and within 6 months of purchase or lease from an authorized Nissan dealer.
- Requests for reimbursement must be made within 90 days after the equipment is installed Adaptive equipment must be medically necessary in order to operate the Nissan vehicle or transport passengers with a documented physical disability To receive reimbursement for vehicle modifications, medical documentation must be submitted to Nissan clearly stating the disability or impairment for which the equipment is intended.
- The documentation must be prepared on official letterhead of and signed by a licensed, certified medical professional Installer must be registered with NHTSA and customer must provide Nissan with a receipt from the installer Nissan Accessories are not eligible for reimbursement Exceptions
- Nissan will not provide reimbursement for the purchase and/or installation of equipment that has already been fully claimed and fulfilled by medical insurance A reimbursement made by another source, such as medical insurance, will be subtracted from the customer’s original total expense. (Example: Total expense $5,000, Insurance reimbursement $4,000, Customer expense, $1,000. The customer expense of $1,000 will be reviewed and considered for a maximum of $1,000 reimbursement.)
Adaptations are not warranted by Nissan, please consult with your installer and/or equipment provider for warranty information Contact Information The vehicle modifications must fall within those permitted under the NHTSA exemption as set out in 49 CFR §595.7 Expect to receive reimbursement within 6-10 weeks after all required paperwork has been received by Nissan
Any damage to the vehicle due to adaptive equipment or its installation may void or not be covered under the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty Nissan assumes no responsibility for death, injuries, or damage related to the installation of adaptive equipment
Requests for assistance may be submitted via email Applicable claim documentation may be submitted via fax at 888-912-2409