Ford Wheelchair Vans
Ford Transit Connect Mobility Vans
The Transit Connect provides a whole new option for wheelchair van passengers and caregivers. It’s sleek European style and ample interior space may be just what you’re looking for in today’s accessible van market.
For many people however, fuel economy might be its strongest selling feature. The 2010 Ford Transit Connect delivers 22 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. Not only are these vehicles economically impressive but also economically priced.
The Transit Connect is a front-wheel drive vehicle and comes in XL and XLT trim levels. It has sliding side doors in the rear like a minivan and two rear folding doors similar to a commercial van.
The power train comes with a 136 horsepower 2.0 L, 4cylinder engine with a 4-speed automatic transmission.
Its safety features include ABS, traction control, an anti-skid system and front-side airbags. they are also meet the crash test and safety requirements set forth by all federal regulation and state DOT requirements. As a member of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) and their Quality Assurance Program (QAP), we are able to provide and safe and affordable wheelchair van that meets our customers’ needs.
Transit Connect XLT Features
- Power Mirrors, Windows, Locks
- Cloth Interior
- Folding 2nd Row, 60/40 Split 3-Passenger Seating
- Cargo Side and Rear Privacy Glass
- 2.0 L DOHC 136 HP Engine
- 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Advance Trac with RSC (Roll Stability Control)
- P205/65R15 Tires w/Spare
- Cruise Control
- Front Overhead Storage
- Power Adjustable, Heated Side view Mirrors
- AM/FM Stereo w/Single-CD and Audio Input Jack
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- 15.4 Gallon Capacity Fuel Tank
- Overall height – 79.25″
- Overall vehicle length – 181″
- Rear Door Opening Height – 59.5″
- Rear Door Opening Width – 50.5″
- Interior Height (mid-section) – 58.5″
- Platform Interior Length – 49.5″
- Ramp Width – 31″
- Ramp Length – 65″
- Ramp Angle of Approach – 9 degrees
Transit Connect Accessibility and Seating Options
With the rear tumble seat folded forward; the vehicle’s design provides a wheelchair area of 31″ wide x 50″ in length. With the rear seat in its upright position, three full-sized adults can be transported in the rear seating area, along with the driver and another passenger in the front. This new design combines the affordability of a rear entry transport van for handicap passengers with non-wheelchair passenger capabilities, transitioning from one use to the other in less than a minute.
Money Saving Fuel Efficiency
The Ford Transit Connect delivers 22-mpg city/25 mpg highway, and is one of the most affordable wheelchair accessible vehicles we offer. How’s this for gas savings – if you average driving 200 miles per day and spend $4/gal for gas, you will save $11,345 per year vs. driving a full-size van. In just three years, the Transit Connect practically pays for itself!
So if you’re looking to save money on a great vehicle that meets your needs, and continue to provide low cost of ownership, then the Transit Connect is for you. You’ll quickly come to realize why it won “Truck of the Year” awards from multiple automotive associations and publications.
Ford Full Size Wheelchair Vans
Full Size Handicap Accessible Van Conversions from VMI are loaded with important benefits like safety, convenience and value. But these wheelchair accessible full sized vans also deliver something more; the capacity to get you where you want to go, whenever you want to go there. Whether you choose mid-ship or full-dropped floor, raised roof or raised door options, you are assured the best full-size handicap conversion vans on the road today. Many different platform wheelchair lifts are also available, allowing customization to your lifestyle.
VMI and Tuscany are proud to introduce accessible van conversions for the Ford E250 and E350 full-size vans. These handicap van conversions offer a variety of options such as a flat 6″ drop lowered floor, a 6″ lowered floor plus 2″ additional drop in the disabled driver position, and a mid ship floor drop. These handicap van conversions empower consumers in wheelchairs to have the freedom of mobility.
- Lowered floor 6″ full cut / 6″ + 2″ additional driver drop allows vehicle to be driven from wheelchair or allows wheelchair to be located in front passenger position
- 6″ + 2″ allows 2 inches of added head room in drivers position
- Recessed seat belt retractors (driver & front passenger) allowing more room to maneuver adaptive equipment in and out of front driver and passenger positions
- Raised Roof / 10″ Raised Doors
- Fiberglass Raised Roof with reversed flange design
- Door extensions are a composite material eliminating potential for rust
- Roof support structure adds structural integrity to the chassis to compensate for metal removed in raised roof and door process
VMI Tuscany Echelon Full Size Handicap Vans
Is it possible to enjoy too much luxury? The answer lies within the VMI Echelon wheelchair accessible van. Indulge in the plush feel of leather and suede heated seats supported by power lumbar support for both driver and passenger. Bask in the beauty of infinity lighting and the multiple reading lights that illuminate the interior. Admire accents of real walnut and dark cherry walnut throughout the cabin. In addition, enjoy a mobile theater system complete with 23″ LCD TV enhanced by spectacular surround sound. Discover the Echelon conversion van and see how far luxury can take you.
Standard Features on the Echelon Series Wheelchair Accessible Vans
- All LE Standard Features
- Class III Electra seating (leather w/suede accents)
- Ultra-plush wall fabric
- Power lumbar – driver and passenger
- Heated Seats – driver and passenger
- Power passenger seat
- Leather cabinets (raised roof conversions)
- High-gloss dark cherry walnut
- Leather/walnut steering wheel
- Tuscany ground effects
VMI Tuscany LE Series Full Size Handicap Vans
Some people want the best, you demand it. Now there is a luxury vehicle built to help you reach that objective the LE-Series wheelchair accessible van.Comfort, versatility and style are second to none. The LE-Series is not merely a means of transportation, but rather a means of indulgence. No detail has been overlooked.
Standard Features on the LE-Series Wheelchair Accessible Vans
- All E and SE Standard Features
- Class III seating “Electra” style
- Leather seating surfaces
- Power recline and slide sofa
- Sofa center fold-down arm rest
- Contoured soft-touch overhead with three switch control panel
- Leather-wrapped valances with saddle stitched accents with indirect backlighting
- Ultra door panels with leather accents and contoured molded storage pockets
- Soft-touch vinyl wrapped window ledges with walnut accents and super-size cup holders
- High-gloss walnut accent trim
VMI Tuscany SE Series Full Size Handicap Vans
The VMI SE-Series wheelchair accessible van is a vehicle for those who want more; more space, more amenities, more comfort, more standard equipment and more flexibility. The VMI SE-Series wheelchair accessible van is everything you could want in a first-class van, and more.
Standard Features on the SE-Series Wheelchair Accessible Vans
- All E Value and E Plus-Series Standard Features
- Class II seating “Phantom” style
- Power sofa recliner
- Power sofa slide
- “Hawkeye” textured wall fabric
- Infinity lighting window valances
- Infinity lighting ceiling cross bows
- Soft-touch ABS window ledges with super size cup holders
- Vinyl cargo door panels with saddle stitch accents & molded storage pockets
VMI Tuscany E Value E Plus Full Size Handicap Vans
E & E-Plus Series Conversion Van – Interior 1 Introducing a VMI full-sized wheelchair accessible van that brings new meaning to the word “value”; the value of ample space, the value of comfort and flexibility, the value of quality, and of course, the value of economy. Presenting the VMI E Value and E Plus-Series. It has everything you could want in a full-size van, except of course, the full-size van price. Where do you want to go in life? The E Value and E Plus-Series wheelchair accessible vans can get you there in style.
Standard Features on the E Plus-Series Wheelchair Accessible Vans:
- All E Value Standard Features Plus
- Class 1.5 “Cord” style seating with adjustable headrests
- Slide tracks on mid captain’s chairs
- Quick release on mid captain’s chairs
- Two-tone cloth patterned seat insert
- Walnut accent trim on valance with indirect lighting
- Cloth shades (vista bay and cargo windows)
- Four-piece floor mats set
- Rear euro style running board extensions
- Sport paint with graphics upgrade
Standard Features on the E Value Wheelchair Accessible Vans:
- Three-point restraints and lap belts
- Pedestals meet all FMVSS safety standards
- RVIA approved manufacturing
- High capacity rear air and heat
- ABS window ledge with super-size cup holders
- Covered visors with lighted mirrors
- Cabin area courtesy lighting
- Four reading lights
- Rear power door lock switch
- Vinyl front door pockets